Friday, January 4, 2013

Snack Alternative for Chips

I have a weird new favorite snack.


Barbecue pork rinds!  Gross, right?  I know.  I don't even like barbecue flavored chips.  And the very thought of pork rinds makes me gag (pork = pig; rind = skin).  But apparently two wrongs make a right.

These are a great alternative to chips for me because they have no carbs!  They are super crunchy and make me feel like I'm eating chips.  Last year at this time, I started the process of losing 45 lbs.  After two years of trying to lose weight with no success, last year I finally figured out a few things that actually work for me.

One of those tricks was getting the right balance of carbs, protein, and fat.  I found that I always kept my fat intake in check but had to really focus on increasing my protein and decreasing my carbs (not cutting them out completely!).

Pork rinds have a sneakily high fat content (not surprisingly), but they have 8 grams of protein per serving and zero carbs.  So, for me, they are much better than a handful of chips.

If you have a brand new resolution to lose weight, you might find these past posts helpful:

Diet Breakfast Foods
Diet Meals
Diet Desserts
Diet Snacks & Extras

I wish you success in whatever goals you're starting this year!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment