I kept putting off fixing them because fixing them the "right" way seemed time-consuming. So today I fixed them the lazy way!
I bought shoestrings that matched the swim trunks. The only other supply I needed was some FrayCheck, which I always have in my sewing arsenal.
I needed to cut two openings in the waistband, one on each side of the front center.
I gathered up just the front layer of fabric and made a vertical cut.
I did the same on the other side of the front center.
|It's hard to see but there's a cut near each of my fingers.|
Then I fed one end of the shoestring through one opening and pushed it through the waistband until it came out the other opening.
And they're done!
Now Nolan can tighten them and avoid any embarrassing swim situations.
P.S. Neon yellow is hard to photograph!