Monday, February 27, 2012

Diet Foods: Desserts

I want to share all my favorite "diet" foods in case any of you are looking for some healthy favorites.  I think we should start with desserts first, don't you?

Let me also state that I'm not being compensated in any way for recommending any particular brands.  These are all my own opinions.



Smart Ones Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sundaes are my absolute favorite diet dessert.  I wouldn't have survived this long without these things.  I did not like the Smart Ones Turtle Sundaes, and I think the Brownie Fudge Sundaes are fine but not amazing.  As usually happens with all my favorite foods, the company decided to "improve" the product.  The sundaes now come in a 4-pack like this:



I swear they taste different in the new packaging.  They used to be wider and shallower, so I felt like I was eating more.  Now each container is narrower and deeper and appears smaller.  The worst part is that now the cookie crust is barely detectable in the "new and improved" version.  Boo.  Don't mess with my favorite treat.



My next fantastic find is Breyers Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream.  I'm a girl who likes full-fat super creamy ice cream with an equal amount of toppings as ice cream.  So I'm fairly hard to please when it comes to light ice cream.  I never would have imagined that I would like this ice cream as much as I do.  It is creamy and doesn't taste artificial.  I always measure out my 1/2 cup serving (because I don't trust myself to eyeball it).  It's low enough in calories, fat, and carbs that I can either eat it plain (which is surprisingly good) or add some sort of topping (like a 100 calorie pack of Oreos).

I eat these Snack Packs as a late-night snack as often as I eat them as a dessert.  I personally like them cold, so I keep 'em in the fridge.  I don't like the taste of most sugar-free foods because I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners.  But this pudding is chocolatey and yummy.

We order food from Schwan's when we can get a good deal or find a food that we absolutely love.  Schwan's has a line called LiveSmart, which is basically all of their healthier foods.  I really like their LiveSmart Enticings Chocolate and Vanilla Low-Fat Ice Cream Sandwiches.

This concludes my list of favorite diet desserts for now.  I don't care how much weight I have to lose; I can't live without dessert.  I hope some of these can become your favorites too!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment