Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Memories in a Jar

I just discovered this really cool idea by Kellicrowe:


She makes time capsules to capture a year in the life of her family by putting pictures, trinkets, ticket stubs, and anything that has sentimental value into a jar.  The jars are out on display instead of buried out of sight, so her family can see their treasures and recall their precious memories.

I love this idea.  I'm a little intimidated with the idea of capturing an entire year in a jar.  I think it would be really fun to do a theme for a jar.  A family vacation.  A school year (a jar for each child).  Summer fun.  I think a smaller time frame would make it easier to choose treasures for the jar.  

My kids seem to be growing at warp speed, and my face and body seem to think that I am also aging.  I fell behind on scrapbooking, um, about 6 years ago.  I always think I'm going to write down stuff the kids say, but I don't get to it.  I think I'll remember things, but my tired brain seems to tuck memories into hidden places.  So this idea of capturing memories in jars is so perfect for me.  Organized.  Easy to follow through.  A reminder to me and my family of all we have done together.  

Plus, you know how much I love jars!  (Remember the centerpieces at my birthday party?)

Jessica

P.S.  Did you notice anything different on my blog?  :)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute idea! I didn't know you scrapbook!! I too have fallen behind on my scrapbooks (4 years for me). Oh the guilt! I would love to spend my evenings on my scrapbooks, but where in the world would I set up shop?!

    I can't wait to see what you do with this.

    P.S. You have replaced the mum with a beautiful picture in your All About Me section.

    ReplyDelete