Monday, April 9, 2012

My Kitchen Bucket List

Some people make lists of things they want to do before they die.  I haven't quite gotten that far, but I have made lists of things I want to bake.  I'm sure I will continue to add to this list, but for now these are the things I want to learn to make from scratch:
  • Tarts and tartlets (with fruit slices arranged all artistically)
  • Popovers
  • Cheesecake
  • Cupcakes from scratch (I always use boxed cake mix)
  • Macarons
  • Meringue
  • Curd (lemon, orange, etc.)
  • Bagels 
  • Homemade pasta
  • Souffles
  • Taffy
  • Brittle (I would like hazelnut brittle or almond and sesame seed brittle)
  • Pate a choux (for making cream puffs, eclairs, etc.)
I always enjoy a new challenge, and these are some of the foods I have yet to conquer.  No lofty goals yet, like making 31 new things before my 31st birthday.  I just hope to spend some quality time in my kitchen expanding my baking and cooking skills.

What's on your list of things to try?

Jessica

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have a kitchen bucket list! What a great idea. I have wanted to try to make homemade bagels too! Oh, and you know I am willing to sample any of your kitchen creations, free of charge. A few things on my bucket list; learn to play the piano well, sing a duet with my husband (this will require a ton of money for vocal lessons I assume), learn to sew, learn to play the fiddle.

    ReplyDelete