Some people make lists of things they want to do before they die. I haven't quite gotten that far, but I have made lists of things I want to bake. I'm sure I will continue to add to this list, but for now these are the things I want to learn to make from scratch:
- Tarts and tartlets (with fruit slices arranged all artistically)
- Cupcakes from scratch (I always use boxed cake mix)
- Curd (lemon, orange, etc.)
- Homemade pasta
- Brittle (I would like hazelnut brittle or almond and sesame seed brittle)
- Pate a choux (for making cream puffs, eclairs, etc.)
I always enjoy a new challenge, and these are some of the foods I have yet to conquer. No lofty goals yet, like making 31 new things before my 31st birthday. I just hope to spend some quality time in my kitchen expanding my baking and cooking skills.
What's on your list of things to try?