Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Beautiful Thing

Do you know what this is?


It's a thing of beauty.

This is my To-Do list.  It's a white board on the side of my fridge.  I use those colorful dry-erase markers to jot down things I need to do.  There's no rhyme or reason to the colors, although I usually use red or orange for the most urgent items.

Well, I just finished the last three items today.  I seriously think this only happens once or twice per year where the board is blank.  It won't last long.  I even used Windex to clean this well-used board to give it a fresh start.

Every day is filled with good and bad.  Today Griffin had a horrible morning (disobeying) but at lunch he cheered Nora up when she got scared by a gnat in our house (yes, a gnat).  Today I learned of a dear friend's heartache, and I felt the weariness of another precious friend.  The bank teller forgot to give us suckers when we went through the drive-up.  I woke up feeling great, but all the familiar symptoms are returning right this very moment.  

But I'm so thankful that I have wonderful friends who share their hearts with me.  And I'm so blessed to have healthy, rambunctious children.  And who needs bank suckers when we still have loads of Easter candy?

I don't care how silly it may seem, I am excited about this beautiful, pristine white board.  

And did you notice the little card on the fridge by my white board?  It's Philippians 4:6 in NLT:
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."
See?  God has sent Philippians 4 to follow me everywhere I go.  I am thankful for all God has done for me, big and small.  I'm a work in progress, but at least we're making progress, right? :)

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment