Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Two Birds, One Stone

Sometimes my house is so disgusting that it makes me crabby.  But even at those times, it's hard to find the time and energy to clean.  Especially while I'm overloaded making Easter Genies.

Another thing I've been neglecting:  my hands.  My hands are so stinking dry that they are also annoying me.  I wash them about a trillion times per day, and I only lotion them at night right before I go to bed.

So, I decided to try to knock out these two {annoying} birds with one stone.

I slathered on some Aquaphor and Eucerin (yes, at the same time) on my hands and then slipped on my cleaning gloves.  They're just the basic yellow latex gloves.  Then I tackled our disgusting bathroom.  Pandora kept me company while I cleaned.

After about 30 minutes, I had a sparkling clean bathroom and soft hands!  I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this trick, but it might come in handy if you haven't tried it.

When I cleaned my gloves and put them away {yes, I clean my cleaning gloves...like Monica cleaning her vacuum on Friends}, I looked at just how ugly they are.  I know I've heard of cute cleaning gloves, so I (of course), hopped on Google.

I found some super cute cleaning gloves!  They are available on several websites.  Here are my favorites:



Now I'm torn between purchasing one of these adorable options and that constant constant thought that holds me back:  I could make those myself.

We'll see what I end up doing.  For now, since it's been a full 24 hours since I tackled the bathroom, it's time to clean again.
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. I love the glove/lotion trick. We do that with our feet, especially in the winter. Slather on some Eucerin or Vasaline, put socks over it and go to bed. The next morning your feet are baby soft smooth. And I clean all my cleaning equipment, including my vaccuum!

    ReplyDelete