Saturday, September 15, 2012

Consistent

I've shared before that God uses songs to help me through tough times.  In fact, I could name a specific song that he used during each major trial. 

Right now, the song is "My Hope Is In You" by Aaron Shust.


The line that gets me every time is "I won't be shaken by drought or storm."  I'm challenged by it.  I tend to get pretty shaken by both droughts and storms, so to speak.  I sing this out in my car to remind myself that I can keep my hope rooted in God no matter what my circumstances are.

A few nights ago, my friend texted me Psalm 16:8...
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
She didn't know about the song God had been using to speak to me.  How awesome to know that in the midst of my chaos, God is so consistent.

One other song that has been popping up quite frequently lately is "Center of It" by Chris August.


I just wanted to share these with you in case any of you also need encouragement.  Life is crazy, chaotic, inconsistent, and often painful.  But God is steady, consistent, unchanging. 

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment