Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Announcement

Attention please!  I have a very important announcement:
All three of my children ate asparagus without complaining.

Epic, right?

We've tried asparagus before and it wasn't pretty.  We are an alternating corn-and-green-beans kind of family.  Occasionally we mix it up by serving edamame (who could forget the time we found a snail in our edamame?). 

When I planned our August dinners, I sprinkled in several new recipes from Pinterest.  Most of the new recipes are for main dishes, but last night I tried a new recipe for a side dish.  Thank you, Tastefully Simple, for the recipe for Crispy Baked Asparagus!


My asparagus looked slightly different because I used grated Parmesan rather than shredded because that's what I had on hand.

Of course the kids wrinkled their noses when they came to the table and saw the asparagus on their plates.  But the next thing I knew, they had all finished their asparagus without any complaining!

So now we can be a corn-and-green-beans-and-occasionally-asparagus family!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment