Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What's for Dinner: Fauxtisserie Chicken

Tonight my family will be eating one of those dinners that all five of us enjoy.  That's right, no special plates for picky eaters.  Can you believe it?

Our dinner will be Fauxtisserie Chicken (recipe from Our Best Bites).



I highly recommend that you browse the other recipes at Our Best Bites.  If the blog name sounds familiar to my regular readers, it's because I previously shared their recipe for Chicken Pot Pie and their idea of giving frozen pies in jars.

This chicken is sooo easy, super tasty, and pretty cheap.

Buy a whole chicken (mine was just over $4).  Remove the outer wrap/packaging and any giblets (ew).  Wash the chicken under running tap water.  Pat dry with paper towels.  Season with your favorite seasoning.  We love the version with whole garlic cloves shoved between the meat and skin and fresh herbs inside the cavity of the chicken.  Today I have none of those things on hand, so our chicken is covered in Poultry Magic seasoning.  Cook the chicken in your slow cooker while you go about your day and pay no attention to it.

The secret to this chicken's success is that you put three balls of foil in the bottom of your slow cooker (under the chicken) so the chicken doesn't sit in its own juices.  It ends up like a roasted or rotisserie chicken.

My other secret is that I use Reynold's Slow Cooker Liners.  Clean up is SO easy with these babies.


The cooked chicken is super duper tender.  You can't even get it out of the slow cooker without it falling off the bone.  Jared goes crazy for this chicken.  My kids gobble it up.  I love the chicken, but I really love how much my family enjoys it.

One more thing I wanted to share:  I heard a new song today.  It's called "Who You Are" by a group called Unspoken.  Their sound reminds me of Gavin DeGraw (I like his music too).  Have a listen:


Have a great day, friends!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment