Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Zucchini Bites

Last Friday I harvested the first zucchini from my garden!


I wanted to incorporate the zucchini into our dinner that night, so I made Zucchini Bites.  I got the recipe from Stockpiling Moms, but it looks like the recipe may have originated on The Curious Country Cook.


I grated my zucchini (which felt kinda cruel after all that work to grow it) and squeezed out as much moisture as I possibly could.  I used one cup of zucchini to make one batch of Zucchini Bites, and I put the other cup or so of shredded zucchini in my fridge.  It kept beautifully in the fridge and I used it to make another batch of these little guys to go with our dinner last night. 

My kids don't like zucchini (little do they know how much we are going to be eating it...), but they seemed to like these Zucchini bites.  There's only one egg in the whole batch, but Jared said they seemed "quichey."  Apparently that was a good thing because he gobbled them up.  I used Parmesan cheese and Italian breadcrumbs (I didn't have any plain on hand).  These were a hit!

I'm sure we will be trying many, many more zucchini recipes as my garden flourishes!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment